Long Term Fitness
- Stay Consistent: this the key component to maintaining your fitness level over 5+ years. One workout doesn’t get you fit but many workouts achieved over a long period of time is the recipe for success. Things to help you out with this: set a monthly/yearly workout goal – having this process goal will keep you focused on the daily action needed to see results, train for something (5k, sprint triathlon, hike, get leaner, etc), train with other people – when you have people to train with you are less likely to give up.
- Do the little things: “The little things are the big things”. If you get hurt, you can’t train, if you can’t train, you do not improve. So it’s important to stay on top of any slight pain or issues you may be dealing with. Be proactive in your approach to keeping your body healthy. Do not be reactive, meaning you wait till something happens. Keep up on the little routines like tissue and mobility work, breathing practice, core work, posture reinforcement, good lifting habits outside the gym, etc. If you are not sure what you should be doing, please ask and we can steer you in the right direction.
- More is not better: Eventually there is a negative return on investment with too much training. It’s important to find the minimum dosage that you need to get the result you are looking for. And also knowing your goal will help you figure out how much training volume you actually need. Again, if you need guidance, please let us know.
- Mindset Conditioning: As we spend time conditioning the physical body, we also need to make it a priority to keep the mindset positive, determined, motivated and encouraged through the process of going after our fitness goals. The mindset is your nucleus to staying consistent and achieving your goals. Read positive books, watch motivational videos, listen to encouraging podcasts. KEEP YOUR MIND RIGHT!
- Don’t DIET: You need to know when to step up your nutrition if you want a specific result but diets fail us. Statistics say that 95% of people end up gaining weight back on a specific diet. Let’s change this stat! Focus on lifestyle habits that help you achieve your wellness and fitness goals. Build sustainable healthy habits that support your lifestyle. This will lead you to long term fitness and health!
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Come join my PRIVATE FACEBOOK COACHING GROUP.
Also, be ready for 1/19/19, The Mindset Experience is coming to Visalia.
Check out the link for more details.